Friday, May 28, 2010

Preschool Achievement

Today was Cole's preschool "Achievement Ceremony". They don't call it a graduation, because not all of the children are going on to Kindergarten next year. Cole will be one of the ones still in preschool next year, because the cutoff date is September 1st, and because he's just not ready. The ceremony was held at a local park, was short and sweet, and the kids got to have fun playing afterward. They ate cupcakes and cookies and drank lemonade. Other, more healthy fare, was offered and almost universally refused by all of them. Miss Renee (Cole's teacher) asked all the kids 3 questions, their favorite food (apparently Cole's is rice, I can't disagree), their favorite color (yellow), and what they wanted to do when they grew up (Cole wants to fix trains). Very adorable all around, even though my kid was the only one who wouldn't wear his hat, no matter how much I tried to (bribe) convince him, he was as cute as ever. I was able to convince him to take a couple pictures when we got home.

Cole with his Classmates

Cole after the ceremony

The unworn hat

My ONE picture with the hat and his certificate

Add Image

1 comments:

Angela said...

AW!!! He looks SO grown up--I can't get over it!
I totally appreciate that they called it Achievement instead. I wish ours did that instead there were some hurt feelings over it. Nice touch! :)